Schedule for July 21, 2018m 10 AM – 3 PM
• Try horseback riding, with possibility for walk-along riding
• Spend time with a Buddy Dog or Reading Dog (Pohjois-Savon Kennelpiiri)
• See how well you know the Finnish freshwater fish and crops
• The café offers drawing and arts and crafts activity
• Guidance to traditional outdoor activites within museum grounds
• A doll display tale tells the story of a von Wright summer day in 1830
• Sunday school in men’s room
• Weaving in women’s room
• Make a traditinal vasta at the smoke sauna
• You can set your self-made bark boat afloat at the shore
(or make a fishing rod and try your luck in fishing)
• A fairy tale to bring the day to an end
We reserve the rights to any changes that may occur.
The premises provide a large space to play in. We also have our own playground complete with swings and a sandbox. In addition, a shallow public beach (with a changing booth) can be found a short walk from the museum.
Café-restaurant Katrin Kammarj sells a variety of snacks that you may purchase. The café also has a child care room and is accessible with a stroller. You can also get some dry bread to feed to the sheep.
There is a barbeque hut nearby that you are allowed to use. For example, you can cook a sausage or a bun on a stick over a campfire. The hut can be found approx. 200 meters from the museum: turn left from the intersection and walk until you see a blue campfire sign on the right side of the road.